Manhattan Scientifics has acquired the exclusive rights to the key patents and IP and will soon be positioned to enter into manufacturing and licensing agreements.
Manhattan Scientifics and Senior Scientific, LLC have announced that they have begun cooperative work to commercialize Senior Scientific's nano medicine cancer detection technology.
Key Company Developments
- Manhattan Scientifics and Senior Scientific File Provisional Patent on Early Cancer Detection System
- Manhattan Scientifics Signs LOI to Acquire Rights to Early Cancer Detection System Developed by Dr. Edward R. Flynn
- Manhattan Scientifics, Inc. Announces Exclusive License with Carpenter Technology Corporation
- Manhattan Scientifics and Los Alamos National Laboratory Sign Licensing Partnership Agreement
- FDA Approval Granted on New Titanium Dental Implant
- Manhattan Scientifics Appoints Professor Henry J. Rack, Prominent Material Scientist to Its Research Team
- Manhattan Scientifics Acquires Metallicum, Inc.
- Art Kaufman to Join Manhattan Scientifics Science and Technology Committee
- Manhattan announced a Letter of Intent to acquire Metallicum Inc.
- Manhattan announced its new CEO, Emmanuel (Manny) Tsoupanarias
- Manhattan acquired 43 Million MHTX common shares from the Lancer Fund Trustee. Company raised $1.1 million in private placement of equity.
- Manhattan raised new capital and new management to re-start operations.
Since its inception Manhattan Scientifics Inc. has been a technology developer that nurtures financially promising technologies with potential global commercial applications. Manhattan Scientifics has enjoyed a "Special informal relationship" and a lengthy successful history in tech-transfer from the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) and the Sandia National Laboratory (SNL).
Manhattan Scientifics has enjoyed a "Special informal relationship" and a lengthy successful history in tech-transfer from the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) and the Sandia National Laboratory (SNL).
The scientists and engineers at MHTX are applying the power of physics nanotechnology (Materials Science) to metals, promising to reduce their weight by 25% while doubling their strength TODAY. MHTX believes this will result in a reduction in the consumption of both materials, energy and the resources used to produce them: a virtuous circle of less consumption and more strength. In other words, MHTX is a solution to concerns about mounting strain on the globe's natural resources.
Manhattan Scientifics acquired the exclusive commercial rights (manufacturing and marketing) to Edward R. Flynn's (president and CEO of Senior Scientific, LLC) patents and IP in the emerging field of nano medicine; specifically Dr. Flynn's work in biomagnetic detection of cancer and other diseases through magnetic field sensors. These sensors make it possible to identify and image small clusters of cancer cells substantially increasing the sensitivity for finding cancer at an earlier stage than is currently available, and without the use of ionizing radiation or large magnetic fields. The biomagnetic sensor method is applicable to breast, ovarian, leukemia, prostate, melanoma, and other cancers. Dr. Flynn's research has been funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH). Management intends to identify one or more appropriate Fortune/500 industrial partners in the Big Pharma group to bring product to the market under royalty bearing licenses.
Technology and Background
Manhattan Scientifics began as a technology incubator. Early in its history it worked on acquiring several technologies in the fields of holographic data storage, water purification, alternative energy, advanced computer haptics and now, nanotechnology. Its primary source of latent commercial technologies are the US government laboratories in New Mexico.
During the nasdaq bubble in year 2000, Manhattan Scientifics had a market capitalization approaching $900 million, about 60 times the company's present market cap, despite the fact that the companies intrinsic value is worth many times more today than it was in year 2000.
|Manhattan Scientifics, Inc. - OTC BB|
|Low - High||0.05 - 0.05|
- Business model to bring product to market still unproven.
- Access to sufficient capital to bring product to market; to defend its patents; to surpass its competitors.
- No significant revenue or earnings.
- Ability to recruit additional senior management.
- Numerous well-capitalized competitors
- Chairman and CEO Emmanuel (Manny) Tsoupanarias
- Non-Executive Chairman Marvin Maslow
- Director Leonard Friedman, Esq.
- Director Chris Theoharis
- Director Frank Georgiou
- Director Larry Schatz, Esq.
Science and Technology Committee
- Dr. Martin Cooper, 28 years chief technical officer with Motorola. "Father" of the cellular telephone. Cooper is founder of ArrayComm.
- Dr. Edward Flynn, Dr. Flynn is an expert in several diverse fields including nuclear physics, brain research and cancer research.
- Dr. Arthur Kaufman, previously Co-founder and Chief Scientist of H-Power.
- Dr. Donald J. Sandstrom, 42 years with Los Alamos National Laboratory. Materials Science Technology Division Leader.
- Dr. Terry Lowe, has previously served as deputy director of the Materials Science and Technology division
- Dr. Henry Rack , Dr. Rack received his B.S., M.S. and Sc.D in Metallurgy from MIT. Since 1985, Dr. Rack has been a Professor at the School of Materials Science and Engineering at Clemson University.